Sony has announced that the PlayStation VR 2 will go on sale on February 22 for USD 550. In addition, Sony will offer a Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle for $600, which includes both the system and the game. The PSVR 2 Sense controller charging station will be sold separately for $50.
Customers in the US, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg can place a preorder for PSVR 2 starting on November 15 via Sony’s online store, direct.playstation.com. Registration for preorders begins today, November 2.
To get started with Sony’s next-generation virtual reality experience, you’ll need a PlayStation 5 console, which runs roughly $1000 before taxes and any additional add-ons.
PlayStation VR 2 Pricing
- $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle
- $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station
- $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.
The PSVR 2 will be available at “participating stores” in other countries, according to Sony, and preorders will start on November 15. Beginning in November, preorders for particular games, such as Horizon Call of the Mountain, will be available.