There are several players present in the game of football who have had the unique experience of playing for both Barcelona and Real Madrid, two of the most famous football clubs in Spain. Barcelona and Real Madrid are arguably the most popular football clubs in the World, and there are very few of them who have had the opportunity to play and represent both of the clubs. Here is a list of some notable players who played for both the iconic clubs –
Top 10 players who played for both Barcelona and Real Madrid
Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two biggest names in the history of league football. The ten names in the list is interesting and fans can’t ever forget the days they have gifted to the two iconic clubs. Here’s the list for you to check out!
- Luis Figo – First in the list comes Luis Figo. Figo’s transfer from Barcelona to Real Madrid in 2000 was one of the most controversial and expensive transfers in football history.
- Ronaldo – Next comes Ronaldo. The Brazilian striker played for both clubs during his career.
- Samuel Eto’o – In the third place we have Samuel Eto. Eto’o had a successful spell at Barcelona before joining Inter Milan and later briefly playing for Real Madrid.
- Michael Laudrup – Then in the list is Michael Laudrup. The Danish midfielder played for both clubs in the 1990s.
- Bernd Schuster – Bernd Schuster comes next in the line. The German midfielder played for Barcelona before moving to Real Madrid.
- Javier Saviola – The next one in the list is Javier Saviola. He played for both clubs during his career, though he was less prominent at Real Madrid.
- Gheorghe Hagi – The next here is Gheorghe Hagi. The Romanian midfielder had spells at both clubs, although his time at Barcelona was shorter.
- Ricardo Zamora – Richardo Zamora comes next in the number. A legendary goalkeeper, Zamora played for both clubs in the early 20th century.
- Albert Celades – Albert Celades comes next. Celades played for both Barcelona and Real Madrid during his career.
- Robert Prosinečki – Finally we have, Robert Prosinečki. The Croatian midfielder spent time at both clubs in the 1990s.
Apart from the above-mentioned list, there are also several players who have played and represented both Barcelona and Real Madrid however this remains the top 10 list. Footballers have dream to play for these clubs and indeed it seems legendary to play for both of these clubs. Footballers don’t even get the chance to play for any one of them, but footballers who have got the chance to represent both have really been fortunate.