Striking Distance Studios released a new update for its sci-fi horror game, The Callisto Protocol, on Thursday, with the most significant new addition being a new game plus mode. However, that feature was supposed to arrive in February.
After beating the game, players will be able to carry over their progress to a new save. Following that, all weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits amassed by players can be collected at the first Reforge station on their next run.
However, the most recent patch for The Callisto Protocol (version 3.01) does not add enough to warrant a full replay.
There are some welcome bug fixes and performance improvements, but the features that Striking Distance’s game requires — better checkpointing, game-wide cutscene skips, chapter selection, and a hardcore difficulty mode (due in February) — are still missing.
[v. 3.01] January 19, 2023
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch
- Application restart may be required
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your progression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause
environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground consistently pass on
- cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low-frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- The Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low-frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct Event: Here’s all that is expected from the big day