The announcement that Apex Legends Mobile would be permanently shut down on May 1 came shortly after the announcement that Season 4 would be delayed. As a result, many fans assumed that Season 4 would never see the light of day, as EA was unlikely to put significant new content into a game that would cease to function in the near future.
However, a recent tweet from the Apex Legends Mobile Twitter account suggests otherwise. The plans for the upcoming season appear to be on track, with Horizon set to join the legend squad when Apex Legends Mobile Season 4: Aspire which launched on February 15.
Aspire has everything needed for a new season, including a new Legend (Horizon), a new map (Olympus), and a new Signature Weapon. Tournaments and other new features are also being added to the award-winning mobile game.
Signature Weapons are the mobile game’s equivalent of the Heirloom Weapons found in Apex Legends’ console and PC versions.
So far, the only character to receive one is Fade, a mobile-exclusive legend. The Constellation, Fade’s signature weapon, was introduced in a fully animated trailer that revealed the weapon’s backstory. However, the Signature Weapon that will be released alongside the new Aspire Update will not be for the mobile-exclusive Rhapsody, nor will it be for a character like Ash, who has yet to receive an Heirloom Weapon.
Horizon also has the following mobile-exclusive perks:
- Swift Landing: Briefly accelerate after falling from a great height.
- Gravitational Pull: While knocked down, you can still use Gravity Lift.
- Leap for Mankind: You can jump higher when your Tactical and Ultimate are deployed.
- Cosmic Lift: Gravity Lift’s height increases by 50%.
- Extra Dimension: You remain in the Gravity Lift longer.
- Dark Matter: Black Hole destroys all enemy traps within its vicinity.
- Deadly Momentum: Using your Finisher reduces your Ultimates cooldown by 30%.
- Battle Adaptation: Using your Finisher adds 100 points to your EVO Shield.
- Tactical Advantage: Using your Finisher charges your Tactical.
The new update, like Season 7 of Apex on console and PC, will introduce Horizon as well as a new map based on a floating city where Horizon once lived and worked. The map may have been altered to accommodate mobile gameplay—the patch notes page makes no mention of the Trident hovercars that players use to navigate Olympus, but it does allude to a map traversal feature called a “Gravity Elevator” that may serve the same purpose.
The addition of tournaments, which come in three varieties, is the most intriguing new feature.
- Elimination tournaments prioritise damage done over kills and knockdowns.
- Legend Tournaments necessitate the use of a particular legend or set of legends.
- Ranked Tournaments are presumably held in Ranked mode, but they are only described as “difficult challenges for the best players.”
Apex Legends Mobile Game will be shut on May 1, 2023, at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET.
- ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME THE DAY BEFORE GETS NEW 10 MINS GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
- BLIZZARD MIGHT SOON ANNOUNCE THE ARRIVAL OF DIABLO 4 BETA