The biggest game of the Asia Cup which was India vs Pakistan broke all the streaming records on the Indian app Disney Hotstar and the Pakistani Daraz app. The entire subcontinent has been witnessing a major clash. The Disney+Hotstar during the Asia Cup witnessed the highest peak of 13 million. The Daraz App that streamed Asia Cup in Pakistan has also touched the mark of 13 Million Concurrent viewers in Pakistan.
This has made the Asia Cup game on Sunday the highest viewed match between India- Pakistan on the Digital Platforms. The tournament of the two teams also broke the second highest viewership record on Disney+ Hotstar.
The Over the Top (OTT) platform had hit 12 million viewership in the 12th edition of IPL (2019) during the game between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians which was later broken by the final match of 2019 with 18 million viewership.
The viewership record of the Asia Cup
- The India-Pakistan match touched the 13 million mark on the streaming platform Disney+Hotstar.
- The views increased to 8.4 million in the fourth over
- The bowling performance of the Indian side increased the views to 9.5 million in the last over.
- In the second half of the game, the viewership crossed 9.5 million mark and by the third over it touched 9.7 million.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma’s partnership in the fifth over garnered 10 million views.
- In the 17th over, the India- Pakistan game attracted 12 million views and the climax saw 13 million views.
The entire cricket fraternity was waiting for this major clash between the two arch-rivals. The Live Streaming Platform Disney+Hotstar had more than 10 million active viewers during the match. The Daraz cricket app which streamed the Asia Cup for India vs Pakistan got an aggregated viewership of 13 million.
India vs Pakistan has been always a highly anticipated match and the craze affected the viewership in a very good way.