The Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is still enjoying his great goal-scoring run even at the age of 37-year-old. Here, we are talking about the legendary CR7 and his UEFA Champions League (UCL) journey.
While Cristiano Ronaldo has always put special marks for his clubs Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus, he has similar stories in the UEFA Champions League tournaments. He has maintained his incredible consistency to perform in most games of this top European club competition.
Now, Ronaldo is popular for his record-breaking attitude in this tournament, in fact, in the European Cup history. His unstoppable form has just threatened most of the top records in UCL history. Surely the tournament and football fans will miss him in the 2022/23 season if he remains unavailable for this competition.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s record in UEFA Champions League (considered only UEFA Champions League era since 1992/93 season)
(All-time record, including European Cup record)
- Most appearances in UCL history (187 matches).
- Most goals in UCL history (141 goals).
- Most assists in UCL history (42 assists).
- Most penalties scored in UCL history (19 goals).
- Joint most titles in UCL history (5 trophies).
- Most free-kicks in UCL history (12 goals).
- Most hat-tricks in UCL history (8 hat-tricks).
- Most UCL consecutive games scored (11 games).
(Crucial UCL records in specific stages)
- Most goals in a single group stage (11 goals in 2015/16).
- Most UCL knock-out goals (67 goals).
- Most UCL final matches scored (3 matches).
- Most UCL finals scored (4 goals).
- Joint most final appearances (6 matches).
(Seasonal/Yearly UCL record)
- Most goals in a single UCL season (17 goals in 2013/14). Ronaldo is also holding the second (16 goals in 2015/16) and jointly third (15 goals in 2017/18) most goals record in a single UCL season.
- Most UCL goals in a calendar year (19 goals).
- Most seasons finished as the top scorer (7 seasons).
- Most consecutive seasons finished as the top scorer (6 seasons).
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Manchester United can’t play UCL 2022/23
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently serving for the English Premier League club Manchester United. Though he is performing incredibly for this club, Manchester United failed to qualify for the UEFA Champions League 2022/23.
Due to finishing in the sixth position in the points table of the Premier League 2021/22 season, Manchester United will compete in the UEFA Europa League 2022/23 Group Stages.
If Ronaldo stays in his present club, which is highly possible, we will miss him in the upcoming UCL season. In this case, CR7 will miss the UCL for the first time in the last 20 years.