In the last game of Mumbai Indians, they got defeated by Chennai Super Kings at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai on April 21, 2022. This was MI’s 7th defeat that shattered the playoff hopes. CSK won the toss and asked MI to bat first but the franchise’s top and middle-order failed to perform. Tilak Varma’s unbeaten 51 runs in 43 deliveries helped the team post a total of 155/7.
Mumbai Indians decided to give an opportunity to two newcomers. Hrithik Shokeen was the one who impressed everyone with his bowling skills. Shokeen had shown a spectacular performance and was very economical with the ball giving out just 23 runs in four overs. He resisted the run flow that didn’t allow CSK batters to score much.
In his final over he gave just 10 runs which was actually a good performance by a debutant bowler in the high-pressure mid overs and giving 23 runs in just four overs at an economical rate of 5.8.
Facts about the spin sensation Hrithik Shokeen
1. Hrithik Shokeen was born on August 14, 2000.
2. Shokeen plays for Delhi in the domestic circuit. He has so far represented his state team in eight List A matches, picking many wickets.
3. He has an economy of 4.92, with his best bowling figures being 2/21.
4. Hrithik Shokeen, who was in the list of the uncapped players during the IPL mega auction in February this year, was roped in by the Mumbai Indians at his base price of INR 20 lakh.
5. Shokeen was motivated by coach Tarak Sinha to take his passion for cricket to a professional level.