It is reported that Redanian Intelligence is here to dig deep into the third season of The Witcher coming very soon on Netflix. They will check each and everything that we need to know about season 3 of The Witcher containing production status and expectations.
It has been over two months since the second season of Henry Cavil’s popular fantasy season was dropped on Netflix, and though talking about the series that also has been declining lately and now Netflix has been accelerating quietly the pre-production of season 3.
It indicates that the crew of the series also has been very hard at work for getting prepared for the sets, scouting locations, and also casting such new key roles for the third season.
The Witcher (Season 3): Netflix Renewal Status
Before the release of the second season of The Witcher Netflix declared ahead of time that the series had been renewing for the third season.
It should not arrive as a huge surprise considering that The Witcher is one of the biggest shows in Netflix’s lineup of original programming. There is nothing to mention that Netflix also has been started expanding upon the world of The Witcher along with the release of the animated film Nightmare of the World, and also the latest prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin.
The Witcher (Season 3): Release Date
It is true that Netflix has not yet been confirmed the release date of The Witcher’s third season, and it has not likely to be revealed any time soon. There is also an educated estimate that also can be made on the basis of the production schedules based on the previous seasons.
It seems that the production of The Witcher’s first season lasted a total of seven months and had been followed by an additional seven months of post-production.
It seems that the second season would have been very similar also had it not been for the Covid and Henry Cavill onset injury that forced the production to be acting several times. It seems that the net amount of filming had 159 days that would be translated approximately with seven months filming and it was followed by eight months of post-production ahead of the season two finally set to drop on Netflix. Keeping that In mind that we also can guess that season 3 will just require approximately seven months of shooting and also even seven to eight months of post-production.
On 3rd December 2021, the showrunner of the series Lauren Hissrich exposed that it had their last week in the room of the writer and they also are very close to finishing the scripting phase.
“ This is our last week in the writers’ room. We are almost done with the scripting phase, and it’s amazing.
The creative process is now really just starting. We have the scripts, and now we’ll bring directors on, the actors back in, and really begin delving into the deeper and also to the reflecting back and also making sure that it’s the perfect season.”
It is expected that the filming will kick off this March. Now if we add the expected 14 months of production it means season 3 will likely forfeit the Witcher’s usual December launch in Summer 2023.
The Witcher (Season 3): Story
It seems that the third season of The Witcher will be an adaptation of the second proper novel in the Witcher Saga, titled Time of Contempt. The showrunner Lauren Hissrich has recognized that season two was very different from the books, but it has been said on Twitter that the third season will adapt the source material much more closely.
At first, we will say about the Witcher family. The last time we have seen Yennefer, Geralt, and Ciri, they also had been defeated by the Bab Yaga-like elven witch Voleth Meit. It seems that the confrontation has been revealed many of the wounds in their relationship in season 3 will also have to restore.
Lauren Hissrich hinted on Twitter that, despite the troublesome starting, Yennefer, Geralt, and Ciri’s relationship will be similar to the books.
It contains Yennefer training Ciri to utilize her magical powers that also we have started to see in season two and we also have started to see In the second season, and Geralt and Yennefer continuing their stormy yet loving interactions.
If you already read the books and are wondered if the “Dear Friend” letter has been changed with that short interaction in season two then the showrunner has said,” Be patient”
Beyond the center of the family dynamic, season two has been set up the series of the antagonists along with all of whom are in pursuit of Citi. The most notable is her father Duny who had revealed to be Emperor Emphyr of Nilfgaard in the very last scene of the second season. The showrunner confirms that season 3 will also delve deeper into Emphyr and the fans can expect to hear a lot more about how Duny became the White Flame and the actual desire for him from Ciri.
There are also another key characters that introduced that the ending of the season is Philippa Eilhart who is a sorceress that often has taken the form of an owl. There is also a spymaster Dijkstra as she has been the de-facto ruler of Redanian who is the king and often very busy pursuing his own desires for the notice.
It seems that Philippa and Dijkstra are a real force to be reckoned with, and now there is season 3 as it will set with such of the major plans into motion. Apart from that Philippa as there are many more mages in Aretuza containing Tissaia and Vilgefortz who also have set their sights on Ciri. It is expected that it will be the central storyline of the series.
Now the elves are another major faction that had been explored in season two and we will be watching much more such of the peaceful resolution and watching the last hope has been killed by human, Francesca and also her elves that are now bent on to take revenge.
They will battle dirty to get their goal that is a free elven kingdom in Dol Balthgana the valley of Flowers. If the third season follows the books like the elves as it will be establishing a guerilla army amid the Socia’tael that is going to ravage the Northern Kingdoms. The writers had been planned to tease the squirrels into the season two finale, but unfortunately, the plan had been scratched.
It seems that Scoia’tael also is the factor with the storyline from the novel Blood of Elves that had been removed from season two that also involved Yarpen Zirgin and also has been a caravan of dwarven warriors. It has been possible that the sequence will be pushed forward into season 3 like the showrunner suggesting that they will be revealing more of Yarpen.
It is last but not least that there is also the newly revealed Wild Hunt. It seems that we have only just met them in the second season and also there is a lot of mystery and suspense surrounding them at the st6age. There are also some of that mystery that will be addressed in the prequel series Blood Origin that is expected to release this year on Netflix.
It seems that the Wild Hunt also will confirm an appearance in season 3 and we doubt that they also will have a major role in the story like that only happens towards the end of the novels.
The showrunner confirms that Jaskier also will be in season 3 from the beginning rather than collaborating in the middle as he had in season two.
It is interesting that the showrunner has also teased that Jaskier will be sharing the scenes along with Ciri, and we are also very excited to watch how that plays out. In the books, there is one interaction between Jaskier and Ciri that comes to mind which we also hope to see in season 3.
There are also such existing storylines and season 3 has also been set to introduce the number with the new characters as well contain with one Maria Barring also known well as Milva.
The Witcher (Season 3): Milva and new Characters
It seems that Maria Barring is known as Milva. There is a character that has been introduced in the third proper Witcher novel in the Saga, Baptism of Fire. It seems that without a novel in the Saga, baptism of Fire. It also gets into spoilers and there are Milva is a bow-wielding warrior along with a very rich vocabulary. She has the first recruit in the team later referred to as “the Hansa” which is also one of the most beloved aspirings in the entire Witcher Saga.
It seems that the casting report by Illumined unveiled that Netflix is also looking to cast a character condemned “Marylebone” who also had been described as Marylebone possesses not only a razor-sharp with but a quick blade-like. It seems that her age belies her experience for she has been forced to mature soon and learn to survive in such a cruel world.
At first, while reading the read description as we could not help but also think of Milva though it also seemed to fit the character Mistle, who is also a part of the group of brigands named The Eats The showrunner Lauren Hissrich already has been hinted the Rats are coming.
However, Marylebone Is Milva Mistle along with someone else entirely and also asked our sources, and also they have been confirmed as Milva will indeed be appeared in season 3 and also at the end of the season as she will be interacting along with Geralt of Rivia.
Here is the comprehensive list of all characters:
- “Marylebone” who is Milva or Mistle: It seems that Marylebone also possesses not only the razor-sharp with but a quick blade as well. It seems that her age bellies with her experience for she have been forced to mature soon and also learn to survive in this cruel world. Netflix is very interested in casting an LGBT actress for the role. We have now already confirmed that Milva will appear in season 3, and it is also possible that Marylebone is playing another character instance Mistle.
- The Professor: It is assuming that it is one of the many thugs Geralt will battle in season 3 and also one is slightly more educated and pretentious. This character mainly revealed in a now-deleted audition video
- Picadilly: He is the brother of a king described as “a man who is second in line to the throne but seems more prone to a player lifestyle than to a political one. Though he has given off a carefree air, underneath it all as he has rather shrewd at strategy and impassive to boot. It seems that the additional Illuminadi has been mentioned like Netflix is looking to cast an LGBT actor in the role. It seems that Picadilly is very likely the same character for whom we uncovered another audition in which he has seemed to be flirting with Jaskier.
- Aplegatt: It is a messenger who can deliver such important information in between kings of the Northern Realms, their character has a brief but memorable appearance in Time of Concept. The character also condemned “Angel” as the description leaves without any doubt. He is a royal messenger played by someone who will also be in need to know his way across a horse. It seems that the middle-aged gentleman was tired of his life and the horrors he had witnessed on the job until he heard something about the revolutionizing his outlook from that moment on.
- Maida-Vale: It is probably Margarita Laux-Antille and this is almost surely the sorceress Margarita who has a fan-favorite among book readers. In this novel, she also inherits the role of Rectoress of Aretuza from Tissaia. The character has been described as plus-sized and powerful as she is a member of a particular group of women that you don’t want to cross. It seems Vivacious and self-confident as she has been confirmed in The Witcher.
- Parsons as Fake Ciri: Fake Ciri is the main character involved with the political aspect of the novel. There are also many details about her that will spill the series like we will going to leave them out and it is a very safe guess as the description matches the role and the showrunner has been hinted that Fake Ciri’s may yet appear. Parsons described, ” A teenage girl convinced she is someone else in order to become a political pawn.” Another description from Recapped reads: “ a student that is brainwashed into believing they are someone else.”
- Greenwich as Giselher”: It seems that the description reads as follows that a brave and loyal soldier portrayed by an actor in his 20s who also feels his fervor fade slightly while he has realized that his comrades are not as committed as he is. Now if the rats will indeed be introduced towards the end of season 3 and it is likely Giselher will be the cast and this description does fit the character.
- Hampstead as Hedwig of Malleore: It seems that the character has been described as the middle-aged married woman trapped into the loveless marriage to a man who is more like her child than her husband. She also inhabits courtly life with her opinions with more often than not fall on the deaf ears. She is the wife of King Vizimir and also the Queen of Redanian, Hedwig.
- Euston: There are also ouch original character described as ladies maid playing an actress in her 20s whose shy and timid behavior is hiding a lethal wildcard ready to put the hurt in those who stand in her way.
- Victoria: There is also another original character described as following like a gorgeous free spirit who is hot-blooded but kind-hearted.
- Richmond: There is also another original character as she is described as a musician who also selling in students for a living and is done with customers and also thinking they can walk all over her. Now she is likely to interact with Jaskier who is in need of a new lute after Rience smashed his old one in season two.
The Witcher (Season 3): Writers and Directors
It is expected that showrunner Lauren Hissrich will perform the role as will many of the writers in her team: Haily Hall who wrote the sixth episodes of season one and the fifth episodes of season two.
Mike Ostrowski who wrote the sevenths episodes of season one and season two, Matthew D’Ambrosio who wrote the sixth episode of season two, Clare Higgins who wrote the third episode of season two, and Rae Benjamin also a member of the season two writers room, Troy Dangerfield also serving as the writers assistant of the upcoming Witcher prequel series Blood Origin and the two writers latest to The Witcher. There are Tania Lotia who had written the episodes of Carnival Row and Swamp Thing, and Javier Grillo-Marxuach has written for Lost, The Shannara Chronicles, and The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
There are four directors joined In the show. The first of two directors who uncovers the currently Redanian Intelligence is Stephen Surjik who also directed the first two n episodes of season two. Loni Peristere is seeming to be a promising addition with season 3. It also includes production designers like Andrew Laws, casting director Sophie Holland, and costume designer Lucinda Wright.
The Witcher (Season 3): Release Date Updates.
It is assuming that the filming will start from the next month, so it is expected we will get many updates in the next week. The official casting announcement6s for the adore mentioned new characters of the images and teases from the set and leaking and spoiler reports and also we will very soon have such influx of the news before of the estimates Summer 2023 release.
If it takes a long week remember that The Witcher: Blood Origin is a prequel show that is following itself before the Conjunction of the spheres and also coming to Netflix before season 3 along with a likely release date in the second half of 2022.
A big thanks for the source.