French footballer Alban Lafont becomes the 13th player overall and the first goalkeeper since the 1990s, to claim a 10/10 display in the highly regarded ratings of L’Equippe, following his stunning performance against the Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain where Nantes secured the win by a score of 3-1.
The Ligue 1 giants faced the second defeat of them in the season overall, but despite the defeat, they certainly need to thank the young Alban Lafont who impressed everyone with his skills and saved many shots, else the game would be in PSG’s name.
Performance of Alban Lafont
Besides, Alban Lafont saved a penalty and also denied players like Neymar Jr. and Kylian Mbappe to register their respective goals. In the match, it never seemed like PSG are really in the competition and Nantes were very impressive in their performance, obviously, the credit goes to all the players, especially to the 23-year-old Lafont.
Nantes was dominant from the beginning, as they scored their first goal in the 4th minute, which was done by Randal Kolo Muani. The second one was netted by Quentin Merlin at the 16th minute, and the third one was registered by Ludovic Blas in the 45+6 minute. All the three goals scored by Nantes were done before half-time, and PSG was able to better the scorecard when Neymar scored a goal in the 47th minute.
L’Equipe’s All Time Perfect 10s
The players having their name in the L’Equipe’s all-time perfect 10, including Alban Lafont are –
- Franck Sauzee (France vs Greece match in 1988)
- Bruno Martini (France vs Greece match in 1988)
- Oleg Salenko (Russia vs Cameroon match in 1994)
- Lars Windfled (Aarhus vs Nantes match in 1997)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona vs Arsenal match in 2010, Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen match in 2012)
- Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid match in 2013)
- Carlos Eduardo (Nice vs Guingamp match in 2014)
- Neymar (Paris Saint Germain vs Dijon match in 2018)
- Dusan Tadic (Ajax vs Real Madrid match in 2019)
- Lucas Moura (Tottenham vs Ajax match in 2019)
- Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich vs Tottenham match in 2019)
- Kylian Mbappe (France vs Khazakstan match in 2021)
- Alban Lafont (Nantes vs Paris Saint Germain match in 2022)