The foreign representatives of most of the franchises have entered the IPL Auction BIO-BUBBLE in Bengaluru. Currently, the IPL franchises are conducting AUCTION SIMULATION at the venue to the IPL Auction Rules and preparing themselves for the upcoming events. Hugh Edmeades has also been staying in the bio-bubble.
“I haven’t taken many auctions that last as long as the IPL ones. It is amazing how the adrenaline kicks in and sees me through to the end. With the 2022 auction being a two-day affair, no doubt I will have a good sleep on my flight back to London on the 14th February.” said Hugh Edmeades
The 10 teams will be taking part in the 15th edition of IPL. The auction is going to take place in a very strict bio-secure bio-bubble due to the current spike in Covid-19 cases across the country.
To ensure that everything runs smoothly during the IPL Mega Auction, BCCI has made 10 rules that are a must follow.
- The IPL 2022 auction is going to take place in a bio-bubble,
- The representatives of each franchise with have to cleat COVID tests with negative RT-PCR and report on 9, 10 and 11 February. the testing is going to get conducted by BCCI selrcted medical agency.
- There will be no Right to Match (RTM) option in IPL 2022 Auction. No teams can retain their old players with final calls unlike previous editions of IPL.
- The IPL 2022 purse has jumped from 80 crore to 90 crore to accomodate more players especially the national players.
- Participants returning from abroad in the last 15 days will have tp undergo a Covid-19 test and stay in isolation. The Foreign Representatives have entered the BIO-BUBBLE already
- The players arriving in Bengaluru on February 11 will have to go through a Covid Test.
- The testing will be conducted between 12 am to 7 am to ensure smooth conduct of the IPL 2022 Auction on February 12-13. The players have to stay in isolation until their results are negative.
- Participants passing the test will be eligible for the the participation
- It is mandatory for the attendees to share COVID vaccination results (if any) with the BCCI medical team.
- All the participants of the Mega Auction will be required to wear masks in the auditorium at the auction table.